Did you know that I have a mole at the very center of my left foot?
Ever since I was a kid and saw an entire magazine with packaged tours to Europe, I've always been fascinated with going to different places. I remember literally memorizing all those trips 5-7day tours through Switzerland, Italy and the Netherlands, and the pictures of wooden clogs and round cheese on the sidewalks still linger in my head.
I remember getting asked during that interview for the Japan scholarship where I've traveled to in and out of the country, and how I racked my brains for a long-ago trip to GenSan or Puerto Princesa, trips I barely remembered except for some snapshot-like thoughts on a four-day Superferry trip and a monkey in a Palawan resort. (List thus far includes Naga, Daet, Legazpi, Sorsogon, Ticao Island, La Union, Manila, Baguio, Makati, Puerto Princesa, Subic, Cebu, almost all of Negros Oriental, Bacolod, Boracay, Iloilo, Kalibo, Silay, Dipolog, Dapitan, Siquijor, Apo Island, General Santos, Davao and Misamis Occidental. Out includes twice to Hong Kong when I was probably 10 and 11, and to Thailand.)
And lastly, I remember adrenaline coursing through my veins every time I mapped out a tour of certain Japan cities when Claudine and I stayed there for a year, thanks to a Lonely Planet guidebook and Japan cities' dominant Internet presence--everything from train times to site maps can be found with just a click of a mouse. (List thus far includes Yokohama and Minato-mirai District, Kamakura, all major Tokyo stops, Chiba, Mt. Fuji, Mt. Takai, Mt. Oyama, Hiroshima, Nagoya, Nagano, Kyoto, Osaka, Okinawa, Hakone and the Ishikawa region.)
Now, I hope to add the following destinations to my list. Hopefully, all plans will push through. Better start saving soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
traveling au c manang... my province is in laoag and i miss the beaches there... i also miss sagada... sa akong pagka taga didto once ra ko naka adto huhuhu i'm soooo jealous
mountain girl man diay ka mam. nakalimot ko. keeeeeeeeeeewl.
Post a Comment