Tuesday, August 12, 2008

my sites

My guilty pleasure used to be visiting People.com everyday, to browse through pictures and find out the latest showbiz happenings on the other side of the world. From who said that L.A. had less to worry about now because Paris is cavorting off somewhere else and Lindsay Lohan apparently turned gay, to the love lives of Nick Jonas and that Disney girl, to the babies of Brangelina.

Then something happened to my People.com. I couldn't view the pictures unless I right-clicked the spot and click on View Image. So I don't visit that site anymore. I discovered a new favorite! Time.com.

Forgive me for sounding totally airheadish right now (natakdan ko ni Verna sa pagkabubblehead).

After Time.com (with favorites on the US Election '08 and their really nice Multimedia Gallery), I discovered Beijing2008.com. It gives up-to-date coverage on the Olympics, with explanations on the logo, mascots, and amazing architecture. (Is there a replay anywhere in cyberspace of that magnificent opening ceremony?)

Now, I just discovered a new one. George Orwell's diary.

Maybe the pictures breaking down on my People.com web page turned out to be a good thing after all.

No comments: