I just realized that this is my 267th post. I went past the hundred mark without even noticing it, and I've been blogging for three years already without acknowledging it.
Since my brain was in total wasak mode today, I just kept on checking different websites, Facebook, blogs etc. Then I read my old posts.
Some of them stood out to me, like when I blogged about graduation or long-distance relationships or the one about being on fire. I saw conflicting emotions in everything I wrote. Happy and sad. Pissed off but grateful. Depressed. Hopeful. It's even in the first line to the right, "Swimming through glass."
What was I thinking anyway, when I put that in? That my life was a murky struggle but I was optimistic anyway? That I revel in the walls, in the barriers?
Even the "while staring at you" title bothered me. But I couldn't think of anything else to replace it. I DO stare at people pass me by in the figurative sense. I watch and I don't get involved. I just want to let everyone be.
It's funny how simple things like blogs can become confessionals for others, mirrors for some. I'm happy I got to live in this day and age when self-expression is welcomed, and avenues for it abundant.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment