It might sound weird but the more I ride a plane, the more paranoid I get about plane crashes. Before I used to imagine solid ground under my feet when on a plane. Now I can imagine 20,000 miles of free fall. It's so easy to crash. From the bird strikes to pilot error, engine trouble or aircraft neglect. I read that people sitting on the five nearest rows to an emergency exit have the most chance of survival. And that the first few minutes before and after takeoff and before and after landing are the times when most crashes occur.
Still though, I'm not saying Cebu Pacific will crash its planes anytime soon. Most of them are new and made in France not China. But last Saturday, Valentines Day, I made a record five flights in one day. My butt already molded to the seat (I was sitting on the same plane for four flights), and I already read Smile Magazine cover to cover thrice.
Here are some pictures I took last Saturday and last February 11 when I went to Iloilo:
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
OMG. We are alike. I have the same fears every time I'm aboard a plane. Funny thing is, they come from my love of planes; and watching too many episodes of Air Crash Investigation and airplane movies. I know those stuff about takeoff and landing, too... and knowing makes it worse! I guess when it comes to flying, ignorance is really bliss!
wow. jetsetter, nice one.. seems you are enjoying your trip.. or i guess the butt didnt enjoy it.. hehehe.
Flying in a four seater, single engine Cessna plane is more exciting mich.
It's hot, it's small and it's most likely to sway once a strong wind strikes...isn't that fun??? hehehe..
ganahan ka kuyog nako????
@jef: kuyog ko inday!!!!!:)
@flo: ignorance is bliss bitaw. why oh why did i read that article about plane crashes. darnit.
Post a Comment