I was just harping to Angel and Ren about how many girls were fascinated by Twilight. At that time, we were walking down from Verna's room at Chong Hua where she's recovering from an appendectomy and an ovarian operation. Anyway, I griped about the hype and how the book wasn't as I expected.
Then I opened my browser today with this news:
Stephen King On 'Twilight' Author: 'Stephenie Meyer Can't Write Worth A Darn'
I'm now wondering if I should even bother reading Books 2-3 and just skip ahead to 4.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
first, wa jud naabot nako ang text patrol nimu mich na nahospital mami verns. huhuhu...si den den ra nag-ingon nako but that day pod nilarga mami.
second, i read the twilight saga, ang 4 books three months ago pa. I find it great biya. better than harry potter!!!
well, its a cute love story. and i love the cullen family. nah..nagpakita ra jud na fan ko!!!
I love the Twilight series because the story is refreshing and makes me giddy like a teenager. But even though I'm a fan, I would admit the writing isn't exactly perfect. But hey, not everyone can write like JRR Tolkien.
A lot of people dive into books and movies and dissect them into little bits and pieces, but why not just enjoy them for what they are? Surely, with all the problems in the world, we all need a mindless read from time to time.
The hype I find understandable. It's mostly teenagers (and romantics) who fall for these books, and they are good at going crazy. As for the haters, they're just annoyed I'm sure, that something that doesn't appeal to them is so popular. That's just like me getting annoyed at the hype over Harry Potter, which I find boring (at least I'm honest hehe). Now as for Stephen King, that's his opinion, but isn't he just jealous that it's not his books getting all this attention? I'm sure there are people in this world who dislike his books as well. It all boils down to preference.
Sorry for ranting on your blog, Mich! But here's my take on your question: if you want to be "in" on what everyone's talking about, read all the books. If you just want to feel good and "fall in love", skip to book 4! If you want a love story that's a literary masterpiece, read Persuasian by Jane Austen. :P
Te Flooooorence!:)I read Twilight admittedly because I was bored and curious about the hype. By the time I finished though, I was really disappointed because even if I was entertained by the premise of the story, I found myself skimming some narratives. So you're right about the preference thing (I fall asleep sa literary classics hehe). Go na ni sa Book 4 para ra mahibawan ang ending
Inday,maghimo ta vampires vs. wizards na group sa bums.hahahahaha. apil baya ka sa text brigade nako, don't know why la nadawat. when ka balik cebu? ganahan ka magclimb? intro mountain climb by habagat sa feb 28-March1.
truth be told, i skipped a lot of parts pud. gikilig ra jud ko ni edward, that's why i like the series. hahaha :P
wizards vs. vampires? hmmm...i always thought I'd be a powerful vampire sorceress...nyahahaha
Post a Comment