Sunday, July 06, 2008

ouch

Oh, how my heart aches.



With a score 6-4, 6-4, 6-7 (5-7), 6-7 (8-10), 9-7, and playing time of 4 hours 48 minutes (the longest match ever, with this time excluding pa two rain delays), Rafael Nadal beat 5-time Wimbledon champ Roger Federer.

I admit. I Googled it. It was painful. But what was I to do? I was still en route to my house from Dumaguete at 9pm (when Star Sports was supposed to air the match). And oh yeah, I don't have a television in my room (note to self: start saving up!).

But yeah, I'm sad. More on this later.

When I texted people, my sister, perhaps still half-asleep after cooking my breakfast earlier this morning, just replied, "Who's that?"

Salamat kaayo.

Verna replied, "Malipay si Marianne." That would have been a neutral comment, but she added pa, "I think Nadal deserved it."

Roooaaaar.

*Update 20 minutes later: Marianne is as heartbroken as I am. Here's to crossing our fingers for the U.S. Open.

No comments: