Monday, June 18, 2007

playing it safe

I am a nice person in general. I think. But there is something about incompetence that rankles me. I come to school to learn about things I do not know, not waste my time on a teacher who talks slowly and cannot answer questions, and on a college that offers a subject without the proper equipment to fulfill the expectations of the students who enrolled in it.


If you have a teacher who is oh-so-achingly clueless about what to do...

Would you just sit back and listen to him read aloud the handout he gave you even if you already read it the week before?

Would you just try to ignore the halting words that come out of his mouth, most of which are mere repetitions of the same concepts he just read aloud or are already common knowledge?

Would you just continue rolling your eyes and sharing evil smiles with classmates behind raised sheets of papers filled with libak? For the entire semester?


Would you just tolerate and try to understand the still-adjusting mode of the new teacher? And his hiring just so a vacant post could be filled without any apparent teaching demonstration or previous experience whatsoever? Because I tell you, he can't teach.

Or would you just pretend to be interested in what he has to say for the sake of your grades because you found out that class participation/recitation/attitude is 30% (insert a minor wtf here) of your overall grade...and this is your last semester?

No comments: