Posted June 10, 2007 at japantimes.co.jp
EARLY RISING
By YUMI WIJERS-HASEGAWA
Accordingly, between May 21 and June 1, the central Tokyo district of Marunouchi was host to a major event promoting the benefits of rising early and making use of that time of day before the city's hum builds into a roar and its streets start heaving with people and vehicles.
Called "Asa Expo (Morning Expo)," the event staged from 7:30 at four different venues in Chiyoda Ward featured lessons in yoga, gospel singing, feng shui, walking properly and even how to make good herb tea — as well as lectures on the likes of good morning habits and the benefits of having a proper breakfast. To add to the appeal of the event, which ended at 8:30 every day, free rice balls were also offered to fuel participants as they left to join the workday fray.
Organizers said that, like a similar event held in Marunouchi last year, this year's Expo was a great success, with all venues filling up each morning.
Just yesterday, I was planning to wake up at 7:30 to add/drop my bio class and I couldn't do it. I ended up dropping my phone from my clutched hand to the floor. Then snoozed. And snoozed again.
I slept till 1pm.
Granted, on the rare occasions I do get to wake up early (usually for work or cramming or when there's an event) I can wax poetic about the sunrise and the morning breeze with all the morning people out there.
But if given the choice, I'd rather put my pillow over my eyes and snuggle under my covers.
I'm amazed at the Japanese. They have hour-long train rides to consider, and yet they still manage to cram more activities in their mornings. Wonder what they hyper-busy people I know have to say about that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
oi.. e check ang japan times somewhere around mid may.. naa ako name.. hahhaha
what!!?? ngano man diay?=) pakaulaw na pud? pagsend nalang kuno ug link.hehehe.
Post a Comment