Thursday, June 25, 2009

letters

It's such a shame love letters are no longer being given by Filipino men nowadays, at least those that I know. I get poems once in a while, but letters, the old-fashioned long hand and beautiful prose, are nowhere to be found.

This one, I found on a Sun Star article regarding a South Carolina governor whose affair got outed after his romantic emails to another woman was published in a newspaper. Affair or not, I love the excerpts.


I could digress and say that you have the ability to give magnificent gentle kisses, or that I love your tan lines or that I love the curve of your hips, the erotic beauty of you holding yourself (or two magnificent parts of yourself) in the faded glow of the night’s lights—buy hey, that would be going into sexual details.

In the meantime, please sleep soundly knowing that despite the best efforts of my head, my heart cries our for you, your voice, your body, the touch of your lips, the touch of your fingertips, and an even deeper connection to your soul.

2 comments:

jono said...

ok, but i think this guys mostly talking about the girls boobs. lol

Verna T.S. Villanueva said...

jon? haha. i had a totally different mindset earlier, reading your comment changed it all. *laughs