Last night, while Paulie, Bergie, Crau, Patrick and I were enjoying ice cream floats and hotshots at the new KFC in IT Park after a dinner of ribs, Liz texted me.
She encouraged the youth to discuss options if the elections were not to happen next year. Yes, yes, Comelec chair Melo just assured that the election is inevitable and cannot be changed if there will be a change in the constitution. In fact, an election would be needed to ratify it.
But in a country where Con-Asses get sprung on the general public who just got diverted with sex scandals, 1st day of classes and AH1N1, I don't really believe anything that comes out of the government or politicians' mouths anymore.
Yes, I think there's a need to amend the constitution. For example, cyberhacking, spreading computer viruses, and other technology-related crimes do not have a place in our laws as yet, which is unfortunate in this day and age.
However, I don't trust the motives and objectives for this one. I don't trust the elected morons who started and voted for House Resolution No. 1109. My Congressman Luis Villafuerte of Camarines Sur authored the darned thing and "distanced" himself from it (wtf). It's been done.
So I'm posting the list of my congressmen who signed the House Resolution No. 1109. I am ashamed of the following people elected into congress for supporting that resolution, and for banking on the fact that they're in the majority and thinking that prudent thinking is no longer needed.
Bicol Region
Luis R. Villafuerte, Camarines Sur
Felix R. Alfelor, Jr., Camarines Sur
Diosdado Ignacio Jose Maria Macapagal-Arroyo, Camarines Sur
Central Visayas
Pryde Henry A. Teves, Negros Oriental
Pablo P. Garcia, Cebu
Pablo John F. Garcia, Cebu
Ramon H. Durano VI, Cebu
Nerissa Corazon Soon-Ruiz, Cebu
Benhur L. Salimbangon, Cebu
Eduardo R. Gullas, Cebu
Antonio V. Cuenco, Cebu City
Raul V. Del Mar, Cebu City
*names gathered from eating the sun
Wednesday, June 03, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment