Friday, May 02, 2008

brilliant bums update

A month ago, Mara sent a text message to all of the Brilliant Bums. In part, it goes like this: "Look at us, living separate lives, creating our own circles independent of each other even though we promised to keep in touch and get together. The brilliant bums and our brilliant noise is no more. "

To which I replied a week later, "Andam 2008. Reunion sa Boracay Holy Week 2009."

It's normal, I know, that eventual moving on of people. You share interests and seem inseparable for a year in college, and end up not knowing what's happening to that person three years after graduation.

Admittedly, I never put too much premium on friendship as defined by some, like the girls you see always together in malls, bathrooms, rooms, church, restaurants, etc. I appreciate all-nighter girl talks as much as the next person, but I also appreciate alone time.

But there's a certain comfort in knowing you have people who have known you since five or six years ago. They can be fun or sarcastic or intellectual or sympathetic (depending on how you need them to be). That's pretty cool in my book.

So for updates on the Brilliant Bums:
-Ren Ren is currently a news reporter for TV Patrol Cotabato
-Bea and Claudine are bumming in Dumaguete
-Ivo is working in a call center
-Verna is with an ad agency, while I'm in PR
-Jello is a marketing writer for Sun Star Cebu
-Angel has a new engineer boyfriend in Canlaon
-Mara just had an operation (need more details), and has a new cellphone to replace the one she lost
-Easter is thinking of quitting Teletech and moving to Cebu
-I need an update from Nitz. I think he's working for ABS-CBN Davao
-Aiken is officially a college graduate when summer ends!
-Jef will go back to Israel this May 8
-Paula is as beautiful as ever
-Claudio needs to tell me the developments about that text session we had earlier
-Ken just turned 22!
-For the rest, text me.

Here are some pics on our recent get-together, with some bottles of beer, videoke, Phillip Morris promo girls, Inday's drunk French boyfriend, French fries and morning rain mixed in.

Miss you people.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

pas-pas ra pud kaau ka maka post! and OMG, i look delirious!

Aiken said...

huhuhuhuhuu... kahilakon ko. hehehe

michelle said...

i had to work saturday.sheesh!

Anonymous said...

i swear, next time, nana jud ko sa mga pix! hehe. love the mantra thingy by the way. masubukan nga...