Tuesday, April 29, 2008

working on or looking for that first job? read this.

As a new graduate myself, I can so relate to this.


My Memo to First-Time Employees: A Graduation Gift
POSTED by Mamamia (DUMAVIRUS)


just thought it'd help=)

Excerpt:

4. “Shitty pay is okay because I’m learning a lot anyway, getting working experience in other fields besides mine.”

Bullshit. You know why I say that is bullshit? Because I used to brainwash employees with that thought and I was being paid in gold while doing it. I would even make you believe that you’re a very important part of something so big, something visionary (while you’re being paid with and treated like shit) because you’re helping us achieve the Filipino Dream. And I could even make you believe that paying for something in behalf of the company means being “resourceful” (which I learned from my super bosses). I was so good at it too... Damn, my soul is going to...

Text message:

Hi Ma! How are you?
Can you please add an extra 100 to the 200 Hail Marys you pray everyday?
Thanks! I love you!


That is what also makes bosses stay bosses: they motivate you to do the jobs of three or more people when you’re only being paid for one. They can even motivate you to do their job(s) for them, too.

Consequence: You’re being used and you believe that and being a “slasher” or a “multi-tasker” is for your own good and the good of your “career”. You will even begin to think that you’re indispensable to the company because you’re super-utility-employee: that it would all fall apart if you’re not there. Bullshit.
.......................................................................................................................................................................

Ah. reality. Kapow!

No comments: