When the workshop ended last year, I promised myself I would continue writing fiction, or at least take it seriously. But so far, aside from one story I don't even want to read again, my "story bank" is empty. I've been too caught up with work and other stuff, and I'm not proud of it.
Our year is up, and there is a new batch of fellows for this year, one of whom is a good friend and a fellow Dumaguete Litcritter, Weekly Sillimanian editor and adopted Masscom. But let me just take this time to promise to myself to write one story and have it published somewhere. This year. In the nearest future. All the people who helped me learn something during the workshop at least deserve that.
So good luck to the newest fellows. I am so excited when I think about the experience they are all going to share, as we did last year.
POETRY FELLOWS
Lawrence Anthony Rivera Bernabe (UP Visayas)
Noelle Leslie G. dela Cruz (Philosophy Assoc. Professor, De La Salle University)
Ma. Celeste T. Fusilero (Ateneo de Davao)
Rodrigo Dela Peña (London PR Consultancy Creative Assoc., Dumaguete)
Arelene Jaguit Yandug (English Asst. Professor, Xavier)
Bron Joseph C. Teves (Silliman)
FICTION FELLOWS
Marguerite Alcarazen de Leon (Ateneo de Manila)
Dustin Edward Celestino (UP Dilliman)
Joshua L. Lim So (De La Salle)
Liza Baccay (Speech Pathologist; contributor Cebu Daily News)
Fred Jordan Mikhail T. Carnice (Silliman)
CREATIVE NON-FICTION FELLOWS
Ma. Elena L. Paulma (Xavier)
Anna Carmela P. Tolentino (De La Salle)
Lamberto M. Varias, Jr. (UP Dilliman)
Sponsored by the National Commission for Culture and the Arts (NCCA) and coordinated by the Department of English and Literature, the Workshop will be held at Silliman University in Dumaguete City.
Among the panelists expected to assist Dr. Tiempo are Dumaguete-based writers Ernesto Superal Yee, Bobby Villasis, Myrna Peña Reyes, and Cesar Ruiz Aquino, as well as guest panelists Dr. Rowena Torrevillas from the University of Iowa, Butch Dalisay, Butch Macansantos, Dave Genotiva, Susan Lara, Danny Reyes, Anthony Tan, and Lito Zulueta.
1 comment:
yikes! cant think of anything else these days other than this workshop.
so sad, only two of us are from silliman. :(
Post a Comment