I could be watching a PBA game right now between Talk N Txt and some other team sa Macias (klaro ba na I've never watched a game on tv in my entire life) because the local media had free seats.
But my whole Saturday was wasted in front of the computer, save for two hours spent resting my puny little brain in front of the television with Dyan my lifesaver (my brain was fried--we were watching a Wesley Snipes flick for heaven's sake).

Do you want to know why?
Do you REALLY wanna know?
Mind you, I'm not the geek you think I am. No it's not because I play computer games or love spending time browsing over Friendster pages or downloading movies and stuff.
It's because I recently contracted the techno jinx. An entire Saturday wasted, not to mention more than a hundred pesos lost due to my going back and forth to VARIOUS internet cafes, AND the stress from walking BACK AND FORTH YET AGAIN to computer shops, the Portal Office, for lunch, to the dorm, among others.

All these for one simple reason: my USB got busted. Mikaela (my USB's name) just died on me.
Freakishly enough, it started yesterday (Friday) when I was with Verna and Berna as we went to SkyCable then to some bamboo place near St. Pauls with the really cheap inihaw na chicken.
We met Verna (the Burger Bergie) in total Patrick mode, you know the starfish in Spongebob episodes. She forgot the camera when we were supposed to take pictures of us posing ever-so-faux-ly at the Vanguard office. She drifted off in conversations, and just kept on laughing! When she did talk, it was about how her entire hard drive got wiped out (goodbye pictures and delicious playlists) earlier and how she just got back her laptop tabula rasa from the friend who fixed it.
Thirty minutes later, Berna and I contracted the Patrick mode on the pedicab ride (only I think mine lasted all the way to the dorm after dinner).
Seeing as this could be a precedent, I THINK I GOT HER TECHNO JINX TOO!!!!
After dinner at the aforementioned chicken place, I went to Tomy's and researched for a Freeman article. I had previously researched material for two articles needed by webphilippines.com (around two and a half hours and 60 pages worth), when the computer suddenly hanged! After I restarted it, my USB screamed its need for a reformat.
There goes my USB, now tabula rasa too.
I reformatted it, and Burger covered it with cute pig stickers, all ready for use the next day.
The next day, TODAY, I spent the entire morning writing three articles, all the way till lunchtime. As I punched the final punctuation mark on the last last article, I rushed off to the nearest Netopia with thoughts of PBA games and cute tall guys running in my head. When I got there, my files couldn't be opened. I couldn't even recover them.
I walked to the Portal office in hopes of saving my backup files, when DOH I realized I HAD NO BACKUP FILES. Fast forward to my crying on the phone to Dyan (aforementioned lifesaver and Supermom, my younger sister) out of sheer frustration.

Four hours, a Wesley Snipes movie, Piattos barbeque and a liter of iced tea later, I am at this computer terminal happily proclaiming to the world THAT I FINALLY SENT THOSE DAMNED ARTICLES!
Yey!!!! Hooray for me!!!!!
I hope this is the end of my techno jinx! Coz I am passing it on to whoever reads this.=)
>Sorry mababaw lang talaga kaligayahan ko.
>>In retrospect, perhaps the reason why I was so upset was because the articles were about teaching math. Mahirap kaya magprocess ng math, particularly since it's my Achilles heel and lagi akong nagnonosebleed. Imagine having to do that THREE TIMES in two days.
>>>Me have no brain now. I have to go to the beach tomorrow.

>>>>I love the world again!
No comments:
Post a Comment