Sunday, October 21, 2007

NWW fave words

This is just an updated repost.

I was cleaning (hallelujah!) and came across the big green book of my May 2007 memories, and found the envelope where I wrote the fellows' favorite words, including mine, in between beer swills and quesadillas fancies.

They are:

1. gossamer
2. four
3. primeval
4. singular
5. indiscernible
6. impacable
7. ebony
8. intricate
9. eccentric
10. pluck
11. burst
12. velvet
13. butter
14. inebriation
15. candor
16. castrate
17. strain (v.)
18. melancholy
19. glisten
20. whispers
21. swirl
22. crispy
23. fresh
24. sweet
25. blue
26. grass
27. cashmere

In retrospect, funny pala. Just goes to show all of us have different tastes, liking particular words for the way they sound, or the texture or feel associated to it.

When it comes to works, I remember Sir Ian saying something like we all have favorite words that will always appear in stories or essays, only we aren't aware of using them consciously.

Hmm... I'll browse around some more looking for MY word.

No comments: