Aside from bouncing off a motorcycle twice in the middle of a dark, muddy road going uphill to the Japanese shrine (and getting stuck at the shrine in the morning with a bunch of his hung over friends since it was raining and the roads were slippery), I have already done so many things.

From riding in an aircraft for six flights in a row, to white water rafting, to canopy walking, to ziplining, to eating frog legs, to slitting a chicken's throat, to riding on top of a jeepney, to jumping off a waterfall, to caving in Siquijor, to sleeping in Pearl Farm, to learning how to drive a motorcycle, to camping in tents and groping in a dark forest for "CYF camp" clues, etc. etc.
And that's only for the Philippines. I have also been able to attempt to reach Fuji, joined in the lifting of a shrine for a fiesta, visited Yasukuni and Hiroshima, ate Korean beef, skied from alarmingly (for me) high levels, wore a bibimbap, went to Disneyland and Sea, stuffed my face with camote tempura and Shakey's tabehodai, among others. I also never got lost in Japan. :)
It's great. I've loved and lived and I still try to open myself up to experiences. Just today, I went to Divisoria. Did you know there's an amazing variety of people there? And just as I was leaving, I passed by Intramuros and Luneta Park and saw foreigners play golf while the jeepney passed by. A guy stood outside the park, in front of a newspaper stand, craning his neck to read the news. The afternoon breeze was light, and the late afternoon sun made my sunblock-laden skin glow. I still smell like the beach.
The day after tomorrow, I go back to work and to challenges. But it's satisfying to realize I still haven't lost any of my values. I'm still me, living life.
2 comments:
Beautiful entry. :)
Thank you. :)
Post a Comment