I just started drinking Red Horse Beer. It was okay actually, since my appetite has already been whetted by San Mig Lite, but really... Red Horse, the enemy of those with beer bellies in the entirety of Dumaguete. I used to think it was bitter, but now it's entrabien. God help me.
Yesterday, some Mass Com peeps went to Agan-an for some good old drinking and hanging out, and I definitely welcomed the time out from my usual activities. I'm becoming mellower, and I kinda like it. We'll see how it goes.
Last Friday too, as part of my vengeance against the midterm exams (to be honest, I didn't really study much so I'm wondering where all the angst is coming from) I went out with this guy who also was a Mass Com graduate. Mark, the *ahem* short guy with the deep voice and killer smile. It was okay--ate at Boston Market, hung out at Barefoot with Monch and friends, and danced at El Camino. I had fun which was what I was looking for in the first place. I think we were thinking the same thing.
When he drove me home after a joyride around Dumaguete at 2am, we were quiet mostly. I could say we were just enjoying the night, but I think even if we found each other attractive or interesting (he could dance really well), we didn't have anything in common.
And I can't help but compare it to my conversations with JJ.
I saw the latter at Agan-an; he arrived when we were playing frisbee and looking over RJ's dinosaur drawing in the sand. He played Ultimate Frisbee with his head in the clouds. He looked sad. I noticed because I was watching. I wanted to talk to him and see if he was okay.
It's just that when we talk, it jumps from one topic to another. It's fun; it's hyper. Even on our first date, I had a great time not because he spent so much on me, but because we were interested in each other's thoughts.
Herein lies the dilemma of discovering oneself too late.
Luel read my cards when it was my turn for his "amazing fortune-telling." I knocked on the cards with my left hand (supposedly to unlock the heart of the uhh knockee) and thought of JJ. What appeared were all four aces with a queen and king in the middle. It meant that our hearts both belong together but we're just friends now. Luel added, in his usual meaningful manner, Someone has to make the first move.
I wonder what will happen in the future.
Monday, January 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment