To dare to live alone is the rarest courage; since there are many who had rather meet their bitterest enemy in the field, than their own hearts in their closet.
-Charles Caleb Colton
I first noticed it when I was sitting on my friend's floor, taking advantage of her air-conditioner on a muggy afternoon, reading a Cosmopolitan magazine. We were reading up on girl stuff, on fashion, on guys and sex tips and whatnot. I was with Angel, Verna, Claudine, and Xander was in the background. Matingala ka kung walay laki sa among conversations noh.
We were talking about Angel's disastrous lovelife, which she is amazingly and amusingly open about. They all know each other's love stories, down to the details: like why churva is not texting someone, or how someone is waiting for churva's text. It's uncanny.
But I think no one knows about my love story, least of all me.
Paul and I were talking a while back about my being uptight. He said there's a wall, and no one can get through. He's right; but I never thought of it as a bad thing before. In fact, I was proud of my being guarded. I never flaunt my dirty linen in public. I'm just a private person.
==my thoughts are not organized. I write better without Christmas jingles blaring in the background and a pervert of a seatmate checking girls' photos on Friendster.
Moving on, about the quote. Let me just give my two cents.
To dare to live alone is the rarest courage; since there are many who had rather meet their bitterest enemy in the field, than their own hearts in their closet.
-Charles Caleb Colton
I for one would rather meet my bitterest enemy, anywhere really, than be disappointed with myself. For all my perfectionism, I think I could crumble to pieces if I do not do everything just right.
Oh crap. I can't think.
==this guy next to me really is a pervert. Maybe I'll just erase this post in the future.
Monday, December 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment