Monday, October 13, 2008

picking up the pieces

Two friends broke up with their loved ones late last week, and I am once again reminded of how fragile we are, and how scary loving someone can be.

There is a certain look in the ex-couples' faces that I am sure everyone can recognize: that vacant expression, that momentary lapse into happy memories, that longing, that sadness. My eyes have [uncharacteristically] taken to welling up with tears when I see a certain person looking so hurt and lost that I just shake my head in wonder--it's not even my breakup.

I wish to high heavens this day stays far away from me as possible, but I can never really tell. All I can do is tell my friends to take it one day at a time, and do it myself too.

Here's to savoring happy moments, and wishing the best for two heartbroken friends as they attempt to move on.

7 comments:

Master Joh said...

When you're dreaming with a broken heart, the waking up is the hardest part... ;)

asdad said...

kinsa ang usa? hehe

Anonymous said...

That's why I like pseudo-relationships more than the real thing. (giggle snort)

FinLust said...

Ouch! I miss my x...We haven't talk since we broke up...huhuhu...and she just left for Davao...

Aiken said...

love really has to be like that sa?? ka feshteh! bitaw mich, kinsa ang usa?

michelle said...

di ko musaba.hehe.:)

asdad said...

hmm... the other person is you. (unsa gani na nga movie? hehe) mich txt me when muhapit ka dumaguete mingaw na kog nakoy ka cheka